>> Current leaving and service
>> Check of a condition of the battery, care of it and charging
Check of a condition of the battery, care of it and зарядка*
* This procedure THAT is not included into the Schedule recommended by the producer also, the present section is added in Head the Current leaving and service at the initiative of originators in view of special importance of maintenance of the storage battery in good repair at car operation in areas with a frigid climate.
Performance of checks of a condition and service of the battery demands observance of some special precautionary measures. Remember that hydrogen allocated by electrolit is explosive gas in the highest measure. Do not smoke, and do not come nearer to a venue of works with open fire or the lit cigaret! Do not forget that actually the electrolit represents the diluted sulfuric acid which at hit in eyes or on open sites of a body is capable to cause strong chemical burns. The electrolit also easily can damage a fabric of clothes and a paint and varnish covering of body panels!
At a charging of the storage battery follow instructions of manufacturers of the charger. If the charging is made without removal from the car, do not forget to disconnect from the wire battery for the purpose of elimination of risk of damage of diodes of the generator and various electronic modules.
Established the right back corner of an impellent compartment the 12-voltny battery consists from six banok in which positive and negative plates (ламели), shipped in solution of sulfuric acid are placed. The main task of the battery is production of the current necessary for implementation of start of the engine, ensuring ignition/activation of candles of an incandescence, and also functioning of lighting devices and other onboard and auxiliary consumers of the electric power.
Absolute return of the battery takes place at ambient temperature 27°С, at - 18°С efficiency of return falls to 40 % and implementation of start of the engine needs in two with small time more energy. Two main indicators to estimate performance data of the battery the starting current and reserve
capacity are allowing.
The starting current
(starting capacity) shows ability of the accumulator to start the engine in the conditions of very cold weather. This parameter declares current size (in Amperes) which the battery is capable to give within 30 seconds at temperature - 18°С without power failure lower 7.2 In (the minimum level demanded for reliable start). The this indicator, the more starting capacity of the accumulator is higher.
The reserve capacity shows time in minutes during which the battery is capable to develop a current force of 25 Amperes at 27°С, i.e. the period of the guaranteed functioning of all auxiliary onboard consumers of the electric power in the conditions of bad illumination / during a rain / in cold weather, and also at the faulty generator.
In winter conditions, at temperatures below - 18°С efficiency of additional charge of the battery decreases in view of increase of internal resistance. In the conditions of an intense city cycle in cold weather of loss of the energy spent by the battery for start of the engine, do not manage to be filled during movement on rather short routes in view of what the battery begins works very hard, being gradually discharged and, eventually, fails it is irreversible.
In summer months at long trips start of strongly warmed up engine also can demand considerable (not smaller than in frosty weather) electric power expenses, - told in a special measure treats the models equipped with vysokokompressionny engines with large working volume of cylinders, and also to the models equipped with central air of air.
Leaving and service
- The description of procedures of removal and installation of the battery is provided in the Head of System of electric equipment of the engine.
- Models considered in the real Management standardly are equipped with batteries not needing leaving. After a fast discharge of the battery (for example if at the idle engine headlights were left included) the charging should be made within 10 hours in a slow mode. If the discharge occurred for a long time (for example, at the raised electric loading at the working engine), will enough charge it within two hours a current force 20-30 And.
- If for protection of the positive polar plug of the accumulator the rubber protector is used, try to check regularly its condition and reliability of fixing. The protector should close terminal connection completely.
- Periodically examine an external condition of the battery, checking its case on existence of cracks and other mechanical damages.
- Watch reliability of a tightening of terminal clips of wires. Examine wires on all their length, checking on existence of cracks and attritions of isolation and injuries of a tokoprovodny vein.
- At detection of traces of development of corrosion (a friable raid of white color) on polar plugs disconnect from the battery both of a wire and smooth out plugs and terminal clips a special wire brush. Development of corrosion can be minimized by a way of installation of specially processed felt washers, - ask in shops of automobile accessories. Also processing of the joined terminal connections by acid-free vaseline or suitable greasing not less effectively operates.
- Do not forget to check a condition of the adjusting pallet of the battery from time to time. Periodically check reliability of a tightening of fixture of a clamping level. Traces of development of corrosion can be removed from the pallet, the case of the battery and surrounding surfaces by means of water solution of baking soda, - put the prepared mix with a small brush and after some endurance wash away it plentiful quantity at its finest.
- It is necessary to cover the body elements which have undergone to corrosion before restoration of a paint and varnish covering a first coat on a zinc basis.
- Before battery installation on the pallet watch, that on a surface of the last no extraneous subjects were left. Do not tighten terminal clips of wires with excessive effort.
- On cases of the batteries entering into a standard complete set of KIA cars control labels are usually put, - watch, that level of electrolit did not fall outside the limits a range noted by inscriptions of "UPPER LEVEL" and «LOWER LEVEL», in case of need add in the relevant banks the distilled water.
- From time to time check electrolit density by means of the areometer, - the minimum admissible value makes 1200 units.